||2 / 01 / 2018
||Process Engineer (Paper Science or Chemical Engineer)
||Roaring Spring , PA
- Identify and implement processes/systems to reduce cost and to improve quality and safety.
- Understand customer needs and translate them into functional designs and high value-added new products.
- Develop and implement new manufacturing processes, using leading edge technology, to support customer driven applied innovations.
- Maximize efficiencies and yields while maintaining product quality and customer satisfaction. This includes coordinating, conducting and evaluating trials.
- Interface with both internal and external customers to resolve and reduce complaints. This includes understanding customer needs and implementing process changes to regularly meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Provide manufacturing support on new processes and new product development.
- Interface with product development professionals to participate in transition from solution development to launch and beyond.
- Monitor and continuously improve manufacturing conditions and settings including analyzing process variations to determine interactions and effects on product and quality parameters.
- Provide support to engineering during equipment installation, start-up and afterward installation in order to optimize new equipment.
- Identify opportunities for safety, product and process improvements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve process and equipment issues.
- Provide input for long term planning for the mill and company.
-This position does require the individual to be part of a duty coverage team rotation that includes weekend and on-call coverage.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- B.S. degree in engineering/science field or equivalent years of experience working as a Process Engineer. Preference is for a degree in Paper Science Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- 1-5+ years of experience preferred in process engineering and/or product development in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience/knowledge of papermaking, pulping, and/or coatings/coating equipment and processes is preferred (but is not a requirement).
- Ability to apply engineering and scientific principles to quickly resolve problems and make improvements.
- Capable of working in a flexible, often shifting/environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, management team, and operators.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environments, processes and procedures.
- Leadership in continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to facilitate and drive to resolution complex problems.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be results oriented and a team player.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis.
- Experience in the use of Minitab or similar software to do statistical analysis of data.
- Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing training/experience is desired (but is not a requirement).
- Project Management training/experience is desirable (but is not a requirement).
||BS in Paper Science Engineering Or Chemical Engineering.
Ideally 1-5 yrs of experience in paper manufacturing